Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 30, 2011

Manga: Working!!


Hello world! ,
How are you? I wish you are healthy and well rested, because I'm really tired. I think I'll become insane one of these days TT.TT, I really need and want to take a rest.
Anyway, let's continue.
Today as the past weeks I'm going to present you another comic, Working!!(ワーキング!) created by Takatsu Karino; This is a 4-Koma manga, which means that is a four celling Japanese Comedy Comic, yeah!!! (Those manga maybe at first are a little hard to read, but they are really cool and fun.) x3 This story is a weird one, but believe me, you will laugh like crazy :D :
   Takanashi Souta, a young man of 17 years old, was looking for job. He is recruited by the cute Taneshima Poplar in the streets to work on a familiar restaurant named Wagnaria, and now he must learn to adjust to his brand new job. In his new work none of the coworkers are what can be classified as "normal people": a cute little senpai with the obsesion of becoming bigger, a bully and suborner chef, a girl with androphobia and hits men when she see them, a manager who does nothing but eating, a waitress that always carry a katana(samurai sword) with her, a girl with the obsession of not be seeing as abnormal by others, a fawning girl with mysterious aura, a general manager who is always absent because he's searching for his wife, and a chef who seems to be emotionless; also Souta is not normal, he have a weird obsession with cute little things.

      Some of the characters are not introduced since the beginning, but as the story develops. :P This manga is more about the working life than of Takanashi own personal life(like most mangas), that there's even a moment when you'll ask yourself who is the main character of the story n.n?? . Other character that appear frequently are Souta's four sisters (a lawyer, a novelist, a drunk woman, and an elementary school girl) from whom he was ashamed of being family. xD As time passes with Takanashi working at Wagnaria, there happen lots of interesting events in which comedy, romance, and irony take place. The genres of this manga are Seinen, Slice of life, and Comedy(obviously). OɜO

       This manga is not really famous, instead is more famous the anime from this manga, but as I prefer to read than to watch TV, I read the manga. As I've said that its genre is comedy, this is what made this manga famous, because some situations that occur at Wagnaria are just so stupid and laughable; and other thing I'd said is that there's a point in which you'll ask yourself "who is the main character?", most of the people that had watched the anime thinks that Inami is the main character and not Takanashi(if you read the manga or watch the anime you'll know why –w– ), that's why it is confusing to read this kind of mangas. Other thing that can help you and guide you throughout the story is reading the mangaka notes, those can be found at the end or at the mere beginning of each volume, and usually have a chibi version that the mangaka made of himself/herself. 



It is all for today, have a nice weekend, 
Goodbye, GBU.  さようならみんな! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bere, so finally I’m commenting by the first time in your manga/anime blog.
    I’m not “Otaku” at all, and I have never read an entire manga in my life, but many people have told me that manga can be really funny and some others are very interesting (you’re actually one of this people of course). So as I’m seeing this manga “Working” seems to be a very good one, so I’ll see if I can take a little time to read just a few pages of it. Keep posting and have a nice and peaceful IB weekend xD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, me dió risa lo del "ten un buen y pacífico finde semana BI". gracias Rafa, y es tan bueno que es sábado en la noche y no he hecho más que CAS :S, mañana iré a morir.

    ReplyDelete