Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 28, 2011

Manga: Karin / Chibi Vampire (Halloween)



Hello everyone,

How are you doin’? I wish you are fine, and your life is quite or relaxed.

As in one of my past posts, I’m really tired, and want to take a rest; I had more problems that I thought I would have on the past weekend. ºдº  (problematic and gross)

            Anyway! As everybody knows, Halloween is near, maybe you're preparing your costume to wear on that famous date and planning a party or planning to attend a party. I hate Halloween ¬_¬, but I bet you love it or at least like it,  so today I’m going to present you a Japanese Comic about vampires, OѡO but no the typical story of vampires, and not of the normal vampires that everybody knows: KARIN(かりん , In America is best known as Chibi Vampire) created by Kagesaki Yuna:


       Maka Karin is a cute, cheerful, friendly, high school girl, who loves sunshine, cooks with garlic, and has a part-time job as a waitress. Everything in her life is pretty average, except for one thing, Karin is a vampire. She lives with her parents and two siblings who are also vampires. But among them, she's different. Once a month, she experiences an intense bleeding from her nose, because her body overproduces blood; so if there's a person near, she doesn't take the blood from the human, instead she give him/her blood. If things are done right, this can be a positive experience that benefits the victim as much as the vampire. 
However one day as school she meets Usui Kenta, the new student, and gets the feeling of a nosebleed. Also he gets suspicious about her, can he tell that she is a vampire? Karin must keep in secret what she and her family is from human society.

It seems like she is always involved in problems and that she never know how to do things right!



          As in the summary can be seen, this is a very funny manga, it is filled at first with comedy, and some volumes later with romance(a romedy as my friends call it, the romantic-comedy). e.a What's fun at first, is obviously Karin's nosebleeds, then her reactions when Kenta approach her, and when her vampire family is introduced(the most funny character of her family is her grandmother, also the Maka family is really random xD). What caught my attention to read this manga was the fact that Karin was different of other vampires, because her family was like any other vampires that can't be in the sun, eat or smell garlic, and drink blood.

The genres of this manga are Comedy, Drama, School Life, Shounen, Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, and Adventure. The story environment is principally based in Karin High School and working life at the beginning, and as the story develops it focuses more on Karin relationship with her family and Maka's family history(which is really interesting and complicated). The romance is seen, as I’ve said before, as story develops, and everything is because both of the ones that become the main characters had a secret in common. :3

            As other mangas, this comic have an anime, but the cartoon is not really based in the story, it have a lot of Ecchi, so some things are seen in anime as sexual oriented, and not in the innocent way that are seen in the manga. Also if you prefer to watch the anime, it is shorter in comparison to the manga and, as YamaNade, doesn't tell the complete story, which is really sad because this story have a really beautiful ending. When I was reading the end of the manga I was all excited and almost crying(it looks like I'm not a fanatic ¬¬ ), I loved this manga, it became one of my favorites after I read the end, even this is one of the few Asian comics I've read and aren't still ongoing. So I highly recommend you to read it, you'll not regret reading it.


Thanks for everything,
I wish you'd liked it,
sorry for taking so much time in finish this post, I had a lot of homework.
 Goodbye everyone,
Have a nice Day,
GBU all!
Karin anime 1st ending:

No comments:

Post a Comment